Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help: zoom ring locked in Eumig 881 camera

  1. #1
    Inactive Member metano's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Hello:
    I have a secondhand Eumig 881 camera but the zoom ring seems locked in the tele end. The zoom motor sounds but the ring doesn't move. I don't want to force manually the ring because I'm afraid it get broken. I haven't the instructions manual so I don't know if there is anything that keep it locked or the camera is simply broken.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What I would do is figure out if the camera is really worth saving--Then if it is I would send it to a good Tech and have them fix it. If you need a Tech call Irv Higdon in California he has fixed many of my cameras. His number is 1-800-318-3259. Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member metano's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Nigel, but living in Spain, as I do, it could be very expensive sending the camera to USA for repairing. I have been looking for someone able to repair it here in Spain and noone seems to accept S8 cameras.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nigel:
    ...I would send it to a good Tech and have them fix it. If you need a Tech call Irv Higdon in California...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •